There is nothing like exploring and discovering new places. However, there are some habits that can be developed to reduce travel challenges. Here we list a few of the more obvious ones.
1. Get up early. Have a decent breakfast and arrive at attractions before the crowds to get best views and great photographs. Then have a rest, if you are tired.
2. Smile and say “hello”. there is nothing that is infectious as a smile. Use it to interact with local people and fellow travelers.
3. Observe and meet local people. See what they do – the movement, colour, smells and sights. They all have a story to tell and usually love to tell it. Listen to them and learn.
4. Take great photos. They will help you remember and do not take much space.
5. Be Patient at all times Don’t worry about the things you cannot control. Most exotic places do not have perfect public transport and five-star service. Take it as it comes because tomorrow is another day of new experiences.
6. Hide some Cash. You never know when you need a little extra. Not all ATMs are loaded when you go there. Remember Murphy;s Law.
7. Pack eye mask and ear plugs. To help you sleep in the many light and noisy hotels that you will find.
8. Pack a hat, scarf and sunglasses. Protect yourself from the elements. Take a small umbrella or waterproof coat with hood, if going to a rainy location.
9. Back up everything regularly. Use free Wi-Fi and secure could storage or hard drives to save files, so that nothing is lost.
10. Don’t give up: Sometimes the trains and buses are not running. Don’t give up. Something will happen tomorrow.
11. Keep an open mind. The best way to learn new things. Avoid being judgmental, you may not have the complete story.
12. Treat yourself well: Eat good wholesome food. Drink safe water and avoid “home-made” drinks.
13. Have a good laugh. Don’t take the travel too seriously. Laugh those embarrassing situations away and make new friends with a hearty laugh.
14. Get lost and don’t be afraid. Learn about new places by getting lost and finding your way out. Take a card from your hotel just in case and watch out for odd situations that can turn nasty.
15. Stay in touch with your family and friends: They are interested in your pursuits and can celebrate your journey in their own way.
In summary, do the things you like to do when you travel. Have fun and meet new people. There can be no end to it!